Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Golf Advice - How to Lower Your Golf Score in Ten Minutes

Who doesn't want a lower golf score? I know I that I do. When searching the internet for golf advice, most experts will tell you to practice 5 times a week and play as often as you can. While this is good advice, it is not practical for the average weekend warrior.

Here is one simple technique that I use to help me achieve lower golf scores AND beat my friends week in and week out.

The first thing you need to remember is that you are not a professional and you are not being watched on TV. Blasting a drive 320 yards down the center of the fairway only means something if you can then hit a nice 8-iron to the center of the green. Typically, my drive usually travels anywhere from 280 - 320 yards. The problem is that many times I get myself into trouble off the tee box and end up scoring the dreaded snowman (an 8). To help combat this risk, I have started implementing a more conservative strategy.

I spend my available practice time using two clubs, a 7-iron and a 9-iron. Since the majority of my rounds involve hitting balls to these lengths, my goal is to be able to consistently hit these clubs on the green each and every time.

During my round, instead of using a driver off the tee box, I hit my 7-iron. I then hit my 7-iron again, leaving me 100 - 150 yards to the green. For my third shot, I grab my trusty 9-iron and land the ball somewhere near the center of the green, leaving me a long putt for par.

For me, the key to a lower golf score is more about avoiding the blow up, and less about shooting birdie after birdie. If I can avoid doubling the hole, then I can consistently beat my friends. Learning to play around your weakness is the best golf advice I have ever received.

Tags : cheap cookware sets find basketball hoop come to basketball hoop info Lodge Cookwares--A huge selection of Lodge cookware including cast-iron dutch ovens, skillets, griddles, grill pans & more.. find the best gold tennis bracelet,tennis bracelet

No comments:

Post a Comment